How to Withdraw Funds from PayPal to M-Pesa or Deposit to PayPal from M-Pesa [COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE]
The PayPal M-Pesa service is offered by TransferTo thanks to the partnership between PayPal and Kenya’s M-Pesa by Safaricom.co.ke. The PayPal Mpesa mobile money transfer service is offered here https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
For a long time, withdrawing your online funds to hard cash has been a challenge. Now withdrawing from PayPal to M-Pesa is almost instantaneous.
PayPal and Safaricom’s M-Pesa have been around for a long time and their partnership couldn’t have come at a better time – when the people are starting to understand that you can actually make money online from online jobs.
Requirements: Linking/Connecting PayPal to M-Pesa
In order to qualify to use the PayPal to M-Pesa service, you need to have or have met the following:
Having the above allows you connect or link the two accounts – PayPal and M-Pesa to the PayPal Mobile Money Account.
Procedure: How to Register/Create your PayPal account:
- Click the Sign Up for a Personal PayPal Account
- Click Next to Proceed and fill in YOUR details as shown in the example below. The details here are for demonstration purposes. Be sure to fill the right details.
- Successful! Congratulations! You just registered for a PayPal Account Successfully!
- You should see the above message upon successful registration. You are all set to start paying or receiving payments!
- However, before that you might need to verify your PayPal account first. This includes adding a mobile phone number (if you haven’t already), verifying your email address as well as adding a bank/card to verify your account details.
- When you click to add a new card/bank details to your account, you’ll be presented with the following page.
- Same case for mobile phone number and your email address!
Viola! Steps complete!
For cards, you can go for KCB’s Pepea Card or The Me Cash Card or Add Your Equity Bank Account. Important, you don’t have to use any of these. We are not affiliated to any of the above. We are mentioning this for any of our users that maybe wondering where to get the card. If you already know this process, great! Simply add whichever card or bank you choose are you’ll be all set to use PayPal.
Procedure: How to Add your M-Pesa Mobile Number to PayPal
The first thing you want to do after registering for a PayPal account is to add your Mobile Number. This is the number you should use when transferring from PayPal to Mpesa or Mpesa to PayPal.
Here is how to do it.
- Click the settings cog on the top left of your PayPal account
- Make sure you’re on the ACCOUNT Tab. Scroll down to the bottom left and locate the Phone Number section.
- Click the + icon to add your M-Pesa mobile number. Click the checkbox to make it your primary phone number (If you intend to add another one). Also, you may choose to indicate the phone type by clicking the drop-down and selecting one of the options – Mobile, Home or Work. In our case you can select Mobile.
- Click Add Number to Submit.
Once you complete this step, you are ready to withdraw from PayPal to M-Pesa or M-Pesa to PayPal.
Procedure: How to withdraw funds from PayPal to M-Pesa account
If you already have a PayPal account and an eligible M-Pesa Account (A Mobile Number) follow the steps to withdraw to M-Pesa or deposit to PayPal.
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Click on the Log In button on the top right side (If you have a PayPal account)
- Enter your details and click Log In
- Or click Sign Up if you don’t have a PayPal account
- Once logged in, click on Withdraw from PayPal
- Your current available balance will be displayed. This is the same balance in your PayPal account. Enter the amount of money you’d like to withdraw as shown below and click Continue to withdraw. You can only withdraw funds up to the available balance in your PayPal account.
- If your PayPal balance is in a different currency then you’ll need to log in to your PayPal account here paypal.com/ke and convert the currency into USD.
- After clicking Continue to Withdraw, you will be redirected to a page that indicates the amount you’ll receive in Kenya Shillings, the exchange rate as well as the estimated time the transaction is expected to take for your funds to arrive in your M-Pesa account (usually less than 2 hours.)
Procedure: How to deposit funds from M-Pesa to PayPal account
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Login (as described above in figure 1.0 or sign up if you don’t have a PayPal account)
- Click Top up to Paypal (as described above in Figure 1.1)
- You will be redirect to a page that allows you to calculate the amount of money in Kenya Shillings you need in your PayPal account. Enter the amount that you wish to receive in your PayPal account.
- Go to M-Pesa on your mobile phone and select Lipa na M-PESA
- Then select the PayBill option
- For the Business Number, enter the PayBill number 800088
- Enter your Phone number as the Account Number
- Enter your PIN
- Complete the transaction
Safaricom processes the M-Pesa to PayPal in real time. Depositing from M-Pesa to PayPal is instantaneous unless specified otherwise. Additionally, please make sure that your PayPal balance is in USD. If it’s not then you’ll need to log in to your PayPal account to confirm the deposit request.